Wednesday, March 21, 2012

final learning blog unit two

Something that I've learned is that you can never be too clear or descriptive when it comes to writing out a research proposal and design. I know what I want to say and what I am trying to say, but others don't so I should be more descriptive in my explanations. I came to this conclusion after the peer-review session. Some of the other group's research and steps confused me, and my research was unclear at times to them too. I've also learned that qualitative research can be explored from different angles (descriptive). When my group and I first began looking at research designs, I looked at quantitative research, but that focuses more on numbers. Qualitative looks at why something works the way it does. Writing the final research design is a little difficult because I feel like it's very redundant. Maybe that's just because I've been writing and editing the same information over and over. To get to the finished product, I've done a lot of brainstorming and analyzing of the normal rules we follow when it comes to essays and t-shirts. Essays are always written on paper, and t-shirts advertize or display some personal interests. My group and I had to take the risk of turning in an assignment on a t-shirt and hoping our professor took our work seriously. I wore my math chapter 3 study guide on my t-shirt around the dorms. Some people were really confused, and others thought it would be an excellent study tool.

1 comment:

  1. I really like that your group took a risk in working with an extremely "high-stakes" genre, particularly in educational settings. The work you turn in here at school is what ultimately gets you the grade and is what, in turn, gets you to graduation. There's some great power to it, reflective in your professor's answer to one of your questions in which she thought you were making fun of her.

    ReplyDelete